Friday, October 06, 2006

dual temperature controls are useless


Why do auto manufacturers offer dual climate controls? Dual controls have got to be just about the worst feature ever invented for the automobile. The idea that you can actually create different environs less than 1 meter apart is ridiculous. This is, in fact, a great marketing idea. It symbolizes the ultimate in choice, like the sleep number mattress. You can have it your way while the person right next to you can also have it theirs. No need to even talk about it. What is wrong with it is that it does not work. It gives you a false sense of choice while complicating the controls of the vehicle.

I miss the simple controls in my 97 Forerunner. Give me a slider control for the temperature and a fan control. I'll actually communicate with my wife to agree whether it's too hot or too cold.

No comments:

pull your banner ads until google does a better job