Saturday, December 09, 2006

Business Travel and Bono


Business travel sucks in general. It is a tiring, arduous, lonely affair. Don't get me wrong, I love to travel as much as the next guy, but business travel is usually as fun as the sex you have when you've been trying to get pregnant for 6 months. Sure there are some fun parts, but it's over quickly and is according to someone else's schedule. I was in Chicago a few weeks ago and stayed downtown at the Hard Rock Hotel. It's a pretty cool place with rock paraphernalia everywhere. The floor I stayed on had a floor to ceiling close up of Mick Jagger pulling his shirt up in full strut. It also had the outfit Keith Richards wore during some particular tour. The best was the bathroom though. Over the toilet sat a triptych of Bono, one foot in the air, screaming into the mic. The other funny thing is the place was filled with accountants. I met one coming up the elevator. He had a drink in hand from the bar. I asked him where the bar was and after he told me, replied, "geez the drinks are expensive here." You can put the accountant in Rock and Roll but you can't put Rock and Roll into the accountant.

No comments:

pull your banner ads until google does a better job