Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Anna Karenina review

Anna Karenina, Vol 1 of 2Anna Karenina, Vol 1 of 2 by Leo Tolstoy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tolstoy is a master of emotional nuance and the human spirit. I found some of the chapters on Levin and his farm to be tedious but outside of that was a brilliant read. The inner demons that haunt people in relationships whether between Levin and Kitty or Anna and Vronsky are so intriguing. I found myself thinking how crazy the characters become, but know, under certain circumstances, I've been in exactly the same place. When love and the overt struggle for power interplay, magic and tragedy can and often do happen. I also enjoyed the steeple chase as allegory of Anna's downfall.

Yes! This is a "must read" for any literary enthusiast.

View all my reviews

No comments:

pull your banner ads until google does a better job