Monday, April 21, 2008

Horoscope du jour

You know how sometimes you check your horoscope and it just seems so dead on it's freaky. I was out at a local coffee shop (my favorite, The Cup) and happened to glance down at today's Boulder Weekly while waiting for my delicious sandwich. It was the horoscope page and being a person of superstition I picked it up. Here's what it said:

This would be a perfect time for you to write your ultimate personal manifesto. I'm talking about composing a sweeping statement of the core ideas that fuel your lust for life. To get you in the mood, take a look at the following lyris from Danny Schmidt's song "Company of Friends."

I believe in restless hunger
I believe in private thunder
I believe in inspiration
I believe in slow creation
I believe in lips on ears
I believe in being wrong
I believe in contradiction
I believe in being smitten
I believe our book is written by our company of friends


This could be the song of my life over the past year. I need to get to work on that manifesto right away.

No comments:

pull your banner ads until google does a better job