Saturday, January 28, 2006

walk the line

I just saw Walk the Line, last night. Joaquim Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon both post stellar performances in this well written drama about the life of Johnny Cash. The story describes a complex emotional tragedy that builds steam as layer by layer of events compound leading to Cash's eventual addiction to pain killers and then salvation by June Carter who is fighting her own demons of relationship/commitment.

It is well put together, has good cinematography, great acting, and absolutely dead-on soundtrack by T Bone Burnett.

Go see it! (I wish I could make the song play as you're reading this ... I keep my eyes wide open all the time, because your mine, I walk the line...)

1 comment:

sonoftheprodigal said...

great music. great acting too. i just find the movie way too looong. could have trimmed it down to just 1.5 hr without losing the essentials.

pull your banner ads until google does a better job