We're now five months in and the baby is doing fine. We've grown from 2 to 7 people, raised startup capital, validated our approach, and written code to automate the collection, transformation, and analysis of market sentiment data. Our group has gelled and is now functioning as a team (we also just finished climbing a 14'er together, an annual tradition I've fostered at the last two companies). We've delivered 7 development iterations and met approximately 100 advisors, investors, prospects, and potential employees. We've also added two new languages (i'll blog on these later) to our arsenal that I believe will substantially increase productivity.
Yes, we've had hiccups along the way. These have had mostly to do with lack of resources where we've had to make due with less (for instance, in the first 3 months we were running development off of one server that included source control, database, and production software). None of our mistakes have been mortal however and we've been able to learn from them and move on.
The next two months will be critical as we complete the research on our second proof point and alpha test with a handful of customers. As you can tell we're very much development focused at this point. Things will begin to shift sometime in the first quarter of next year as we begin to gain sales traction.