Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wordle: November Twordle


I ran my most recent Twitter cloud on wordle via Tweetstats. Looks like I'm mostly running, watching, listening, and meeting.

I believe the habit and purpose of tweeting are changing, or at least changing among the people with whom I tweet. Tweeting is useful as either information dissemination or entertainment. Tweets of the mundane sort are becoming less common in favor of purposeful tweets with an audience in mind. While I still do tweet about the mundane during times when I feel like reaching out and letting the world know I'm alive and usually out of some sense of social insecurity, my other tweets tend to pass on information that I think will somehow be useful. These fall into the categories of: some interesting bit of news happening in the world, a funny encounter or OH, or marking some personal milestone that I think people who know me best will appreciate.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to interact with all of you tweeps out there, so let me know. How would you categorize why you follow someone?

No comments:

pull your banner ads until google does a better job